How do teachers get to know their pupils and how can we act as role models in our subject teaching?
Our 116th interview is with, Renaldo Lawrence, PE teacher, ectech and IT specialist educator at Glyn School in Epsom, and author of a self-help and a comic book.
Listen to the podcast (32 minutes)
In this podcast, listen to Renaldo and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- Renaldo’s childhood and professional basketball career
- Giving advice to your children
- His start in teaching in the UK
- Getting to grips with teaching IT and his experiences of attending SLTeachMeet
- Racism, white privilege and diversity
- Representation in all subjects across education, writing books, and
- Lessons learned from the pandemic.
I’m just interested in people; I’m interested in how systems work and I started teaching on a whim. What started out as 6 weeks has so far, been 12 years…