How can teachers teach pupils how to remember things, better?
Our 62nd interview is with Patrice Bain, an author and teacher for over 25 years.
Throughout her career, Patrice worked closely with cognitive scientists to understand how people learn. In this podcast, our 34th women-in-education podcast, listen to Patrice and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- Patrice’s movement through the field of education across 25 years
- The constant ‘newness’ of being a teacher and how it presents itself
- The importance of teachers understanding how students learn
- The recommendations Patrice would give to teachers for retrieval practice
- What people can get from reading Patrice’s and Dr Pooja Agarwal’s book ‘Powerful Teaching’
- Patrice’s typical week, post book launch
- We also ask, what the biggest challenges and career achievements have been for Patrice?
- Where she finds inspiration?
- and her top tips for teachers wanting to carry out action research in the classroom.
- Don’t forget to grab a copy of this excellent book, Powerful Teaching!
Listen to the podcast
Remember, our podcast is available on iTunes!