How can we increase children’s vocabulary?
Our 15th guest is Sofia Fenichell. Sofia is CEO and founder of Mrs Wordsmith, a company “on a mission to illustrate the English Language” and improve children’s vocabulary. We catch up with Sofia at the BETT show.
In this episode, you can hear Sofia and Teacher Toolkit editor, Holly Gardner:
- discuss how illustrations can help with academic success and improve their vocabulary
- explain how noticing her son’s homework made Sofia come up with a business idea
- reveal a question that Sofia has never been asked before
- explore what makes words powerful
- reflect on Sofia’s biggest career achievement
- share the surprising fact that Sofia has learned about journalists.
You can find more interviews in the 100 women series here.